Monday, April 30, 2007

What's This Way?

Diego has a way of getting to me in the mornings... he's chronically late, a quality that just drives me crazy. This morning was no exception.
I've started tallying minutes that Diego wastes, writing the total on our fridge board and making him go to bed that many minutes early. He even decided he would try to write the minutes himself this morning; he
obviously knows how to write the number 30... yet another way he pushed my buttons.
By the time we loaded his stuff into the car, he knew I was ready to blow a gasket. I was so frazzled I turned the wrong way out of the driveway.
I'm not sure where Diego thought I was taking him when he asked, "What's this way, Mom?" I responded with, "My mind."
Of course he didn't get it (one of those FAS moments) and a lengthy conversation ensued about why I had turned the wrong way and had to turn around in a neighbor's driveway.
Did I mention it is only Monday?

1 comment:

Patti said...

Hmmmmmm.....losing your mind. Perhaps you should try a larger portion of vegetables. This might help improve your mind and allow your buttons to be pushed much less often. I know when my kids push my last button I go to the fridge for a handful of brocolli or green beans, and I feel much more relaxed when I am done. Give it a try and let me know what happens. It can't hurt!~ Vegetables are GREAT for you.....YUM.......