Sunday, April 15, 2007

Senior Discount

So, it's Sunday and we typically do some sort of fast food for lunch after church. Today's choice was McDonald's for Diego (what's new?) and Arby's for Joe and me.
Funny thing is, we ordered at Arby's drive-thru and pulled around to the "Please Pay Here" window. Joe had the correct change and placed it on the tray. The cashier pulled the tray in, placed our food on the tray and pushed it back toward the car. As she did so, she told Joe to be sure to take his change; she had given him the "Senior Discount".
I've called Joe my "Old Man" before, he plays a grandfather in our church's family worship experience and his hair is admittedly a bit on the whiter than darker side these days. But I found it hilarious that he was given the Senior Discount for lunch! What's next an AARP card?
Joe wasn't thrilled that
he was taken for a much older man; he even failed to see the humor in me laughing about it all the way home...I guess the sense of humor is one of the first things to go!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. ;)