Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Here Comes The Bride

This weekend is my first 'official' wedding event; it's going to be so much fun!
Several people have told me they wouldn't do weddings for anything and ask me why I would consider going into this line of work.
On the other hand, I've been surprised by the number of people who have told me doing weddings would be their dream job (dream, not nightmare!).
The most common question I hear is, "Oh, like the movie, The Wedding Planner?" No, not like the movie. Do I look like J-Lo? Is the groom Matthew what's-his-name? No, no.
I've heard horror stories of the evil
"Bride-zilla" or wicked MOB (mother of the bride). Or how about the fainting groomsman... oh wait, that was in my wedding :)
I'd like to thank you for your antecdotes but bear in mind, movies and TV really do not do this job justice.
See, this isn't my first wedding event, it's my first since receiving my certification as a Wedding and Event Consultant. My prior experience has even allowed me to once be called a "Wedding Boss" by a bridesmaid who thought she was in charge. Imagine that, a bridesmaid who thought she was in charge!
We're ready for this wedding. It's going to be a great time with or without remarkable stories to tell later. I'll let you know how it goes.


No comments: