Monday, April 9, 2007

It's Monday!

Well, it's Monday and I am finally turning a page on technology and starting to blog. I think the reason I've waited so long to get started is because I didn't think I had anything much to say. I still am not sure what I'll write about but look, there are almost 3 whole lines already and I haven't said anything substantial!
So, this morning was back to routine with school and my usual 'day-off' from work. Of course, Diego wasn't in the mood to go to school but he did finally get ready and we were out the door.
A little bit about Diego... he is an 8 year old, beautiful little boy with FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome, I'll write more about FAS another time). He is my wonder child. He has defied many of the odds from a diagnostic point of view and amazes me with his brilliance. He has his moments though.
Like yesterday when my family was seated at our table for Easter dinner. Diego announced the difference in body parts between a boy and girl. Okay, so what is a mother to do? I shot a look at Joe and lost it. We were both trying to keep a straight face while explaining appropriate dinner table conversation topics.
One of my favorite phrases has become, "A true FAS moment". That was truly an FAS moment!
One of my favorite 'reminder' verses at times like this is: "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." (1 Samuel 1:27)
I'm not sure what the next moment will bring with this child but I know it will definitely bring a smile if not a laugh!

1 comment:

Wendy Bender said...

Yeah - welcome to the blog world! :) Love ya!