Thursday, April 12, 2007

I recently read a blog posting by Holly Furtick, a pastor's wife in Charlotte, NC. Holly wrote about her son being a parrot for anything she says, even the bad stuff.
I also have a friend who wrote about her daughter being a sponge and picking up all kinds of things she would say.
Well, I have this habit lately of saying, "Ya think?" when someone states the obvious. I didn't realize how much I used the phrase until this morning at 8 a.m. when I was trying to convince Diego that we should have been downstairs eating breakfast by then. He turned to me and said, "Ya think?" Yes, wise child, I think.
I think I need to watch those phrases that roll around my head and not let them spill out so frequently.
I think I need to develop a "Ya Think" jar, kind of like the "Cussing Jar" I heard about from a friend who was trying to stop swearing. (He would put a quarter in the jar every time he swore and he made anyone else in the house pay if they happened to have a slip of the tongue.)
I think this child is responsible for the gray hair I keep finding.
I think it's time to close this posting.

No comments: