Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day & Staples

I had a GREAT Mother's Day! Diego is the sweetest little boy (most of the time) and my husband is very thoughtful and considerate about "my day"... he didn't even mow the lawn (some day I'll post something about that).
The day started pretty early for me with responsibilities at church, ending around 1:00. I went home to find my boys napping in the living room. Diego was waiting anxiously for me to get home so he could present me his hand made cards, all 4 of them (the best kind, by the way). Joe gave me a beautiful card, inside was a gift card from Staples.
Now, to some, a gift card from Staples isn't terribly Mother's Day-ish but to me it is the perfect gift! Call me strange but I love to shop at office supply stores.
We went out for lunch at Pizza Hut, drove to the cemetery to visit the graves of my dad and mom, went back home and drove to my sister's house in Temperance, MI for a late afternoon rest on the deck in the warm sunshine. We even had some really good ice cream for supper. Yes, supper. Ice cream is part of a basic food group, you know, dairy?
My Mother's Day ended with a relaxing evening watching my favorite Sunday night TV dramas; it is almost the end of the season so it's crucial that I not miss those shows!!!
My only regret about the day was that I didn't get to spend my gift card! Alas, a shopping venture I can take alone, spend as much time as I desire (right Joe?) and as much money as the gift card holds.

1 comment:

Wendy Bender said...

Don't TELL me one of those shows was Desperate Housewives?!?!