Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hotel Stay

We had to stay in a hotel on Saturday night after we had driven for around 5 hours through the course of the day and attended a wedding and reception.

Arriving in our room exhausted at 10:30 p.m., I set out to prepare Diego for bed. He was excited to have the chance to sleep on a hide-a-bed in a hotel (he had no idea what a hotel was before Saturday) and had his stuffed animals lined up for snuggling. After putting Diego into bed, Joe and I readied ourselves for a good night's sleep in a King-sized bed.

Lights out. Ahhhh, drifting off to what I hoped would be mindless slumber... and then it started... armpit noises from the hide-a-bed!

My initial reaction was to yell and go into a lengthy explanation about Dad and Mom being tired and needing a good night's sleep before we could travel more the next morning. However when my eyes adjusted to the darkness and I saw Diego lying in just his underpants on top of the blanket I could do nothing but laugh. Laugh until tears streamed down my face. Joe began to laugh which only fed my giggles. Diego asked, "What's funny?" He honestly didn't know that he had become our comedic relief.

Yet another FAS moment brought to you by Diego, my wonder-boy.

No comments: