Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Three Years

It's been 3 years since my mom went to heaven. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her.
I was privileged to have had my mom for 44 years. She wasn't unlike a lot of moms. She worked outside the home for many years. She also volunteered at church and was involved in civic activities. No matter what, Mom was always there for my sisters and me.
I knew I could call her anytime and get good advice or a good scolding if necessary (and it was necessary a lot of the time!).
Mom was the best cook and she loved to entertain. She baked everything from cookies, bread, cinnamon rolls, to wedding cakes... mine included.
Mom made my wedding dress and all of the bridesmaids dresses; each hand smocked (a lost art).
She was one incredible woman. She loved her husband, family and God. She had a strong desire to see others come to know Christ and supported efforts of those who were called to reach people in other countries with the gospel.
So on May 5, 2005 when Mom said she wanted to go to see Jesus I knew it wouldn't be long before she was in His presence worshiping at His feet for eternity alongside my dad (he died July 2, 1995).
Mom slipped away quietly late on the night of May 6, 2005. Her earthly life over, her eternity was just beginning!
I was crying one day shortly after Mom died and Diego asked me why. I told him it was because I was missing my mom. He told me, "Mommy, don't cry. Granny is with Jesus!" He understood what I knew.

No comments: