Thursday, May 29, 2008

Goofy kid

Diego and I had some shopping to do at Wal-Mart on Tuesday evening after I picked him up from day care. Of course he wanted to check out the Wii games in the Electronics Department.

While he was deeply engrossed in looking at the new "Speed Racer" game, I saw a most frightening person and had to whisk Diego from the store. (It was actually Diego's biological father and I did not want to be accosted by this man... again)

Diego didn't understand why we had to leave his "favorite store in the whole wide world" so quickly. I tried to explain that I had seen someone who could be dangerous to his safety.

Wednesday morning while getting ready for school, Diego asked me about this person who had ruined his Wal-Mart experience the night before. I decided it would be a good time to review our address, phone number, and a description of Joe and me.

He looked me over and described what I was wearing. So I asked for a more physical description and gave him some hints... "She's very tall, has, um... blond hair (I corrected him there, and it's time for color!), she wears black shoes almost always, she has brown eyes..."

I then put my hands up on either side of my face and tried to coax him to say, "She's beautiful.." by mouthing the words. Diego looked at me and very seriously said, "She has a face."

I lost it, what a goofy kid. We never did get to Diego's description of Joe.

1 comment:

Wendy Bender said...

OH MY WORD - that is hilarious! Well - I think you not only have a face - but it IS beautiful! :O) Love ya!