Monday, May 5, 2008

Stuffed

Do you know how many stuffed animals and dirty clothes it takes to fill Mr. Incredible and Spiderman costumes?

No school today due to an in-service day for teachers. So, I'm catching up on the laundry and can't find any of Diego's dirty clothes, his basket is empty. Okay, I did laundry on Saturday but there really ought to be something in the basket, right?

I searched the usual places (closet, cabinet, ceiling fan) no dirty clothes. What did Diego do with them? Just as I was about to call out to Diego, interrupt a rousing MarioKart Wii game, and ask about the clothes, I noticed there were no stuffed animals in the tub in the corner of his room. Interesting... the clothes had absconded with the stuffed animals! Or had they?

Searching Diego's bedroom a bit further (under the bed, duh!), I found the aforementioned costumes stuffed with stuffed animals... and the dirty clothes. The costumes actually looked like there was a body in them, bulges and all (minus the head, hands and feet, of course)!

No wonder the child isn't sleeping. Mr. Incredible and Spiderman have been making appearances in Diego's room and keeping him awake!

Needless to say, Spidey and Mr. I have disappeared. The dirty clothes are in the washing machine and the stuffed animals, well, they are waiting for Diego to put them away - where they belong :)

1 comment:

Wendy Bender said...

haha! I actually heard this story from my husband (per Joe) before reading this! How funny is this! He is one SUPER-INCREDIBLE kid! :)