Tuesday, January 29, 2008

He's so funny

Diego just makes me smile. He comes up with the funniest things, out of nowhere, and completely unexpected most of the time. A couple of Diego-isms...

I picked Diego up from school yesterday afternoon, he was uncharacteristically quiet. I could see by his expression that he was lost in thought. He kicked his shoes off and tucked his feet up underneath him. All of a sudden he says, "Mom, if I won Eric's money, I would have like ninety-nine dollars."

What? Whose money?

Come to find out, he was referring to an adult at Crossroads who serves in the Kid Fusion experience, Eric Doyle. Diego loves most of the characters that Eric plays. In fact, he can't always tell me what he's learned but he can usually tell me what crazy thing Eric did during church on any given Sunday. Must be Eric gave away some sort of 'money' on Sunday and Diego is contemplating winning it the next time the game is played.

Diego's daycare provider told me he didn't eat much lunch today... Diego's explanation for not eating is because he's, "On the patch." (He wears a patch for ADHD and uses it as an excuse for not doing a lot of things!)

Tonight we are struggling to get Diego to stay in bed. His most recent reason for coming downstairs was to show us that his blanket is electric. "Watch," he says, "When I rub it on my head and watch it closely, there's electric stuff."

Stay tuned, I am sure this child will provide a lot of comedic relief in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Faythe,
Diego told me that as well on Sunday when I was sitting with him. I was AMAZED at how quick he could add Eric's $ to what he already has at home!
I love talking to him and seeing his enjoyment watching everyone!
Michele