Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New Pants

Suddenly Diego has grown taller. His jeans were all very short on him and I had been trying to delay the inevitable pants shopping thing that most boys hate to do... Diego is no exception.
While in a local department store yesterday I discovered a very good sale on jeans. Despite the fact that my son could care less about wearing 'high water' pants I decided to venture into the boy's department to find some pants for him.
He was literally doing cart wheels in the aisles while I scoured the shelves for his size. Success! I found a pair of size 8 boy's jeans with the adjustable waist (I love those, by the way), and handed them to Diego to hold onto.
My child, with all the innocence that an 8 year old, short pants loving, cart wheel rolling kid could muster, held the jeans up near his neck, looked at me and said, "These aren't my size, Mom. They won't fit me because the legs are too long. I don't want new pants, what's wrong with these?" And he pointed to his very short jeans which revealed more than a couple inches of his white socks.
We bought the jeans, 2 pair.

1 comment:

Wendy Bender said...

I tell ya - - pants are the HARDEST thing for me to shop for for Chloe... NO fun at all. As a matter of fact - we are going this evening to see what we can find for BOTH her AND I! :)

Love ya!