Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Good Day... Finally

Diego had a great day at school today! Probably one of the best so far this year.
I am very proud of how brave he is.
Here's this 8 year old special needs boy basically starting his school year over with a new teacher, classroom, and friends. He was very excited to get to school this morning. He was up about an hour and a half before he needed to be and was ready to go in record time. Diego never ceases to amaze me with the way he is able to function in a world that is foreign to him most days.
It's been a difficult, to say the least, several weeks. I've had to remind myself repeatedly that he just can't help the way he responds in many situations.
I hope with the services that will soon be in place that Diego will once again have a successful school year. I know there are no guarantees for him, but are there for anyone?
Keep praying for this little wonder, he's amazing.

No comments: