Tuesday, September 11, 2007

25 Years


And they said it wouldn't last...
Joe and I have been married today for 25 years.

He can still surprise me and make me smile. Like today, I received a single red rose at work with a note that said, "See you later. Love, Joe". He arrived home from work before I did and there were 24 red and pink roses waiting for me on the kitchen counter. I had received a rose for every year of marriage. (can I hear an awwwww?)

And the sentimentality there is sweet too... I received a single yellow rose just before my dad walked me down the aisle 25 years ago tonight. The card on that rose read, "See you at the altar. Love, Joe" (another awwwwww)

Here's Joe at the Grand Canyon - another surprise. He also gave me some beautiful diamond jewelry! He's a keeper... for at least another 25 years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Faythe you are so blessed to have that man! Here's to 25 more!
Michele

Wendy Bender said...

Congrats, you two!! I love you both!