Thursday, July 19, 2007

Where Ya Been?

Okay, so I've been told it's been over a week since my last post. I have half a mind to post nonsense and see who responds to it. Of course, there are several people who would agree wholeheartedly that I only have half a mind, hmmmph.
I've been busy, just busy. My usual day of the week for posting this week was full of "Diego stuff". We started the day with an eye exam for him. He doesn't remember much with his 'Swiss cheese memory' but he did remember his last eye exam 2 years ago, especially the eye drops the doctor used to dilate his eyes. He informed me he would not have drops put into his eyes this time. I knew I was in for some 'fun' after that comment.
The technician and doctor are both extremely patient people, they're wonderful with Diego. The only time I had to go into the exam room was when Diego escaped as the doctor tried to put the drops into his eyes. I had to practically lie on top of the kid to keep him even semi-still. This doctor's a pro... no drops on the cheeks or forehead... right into the eyes.
The good news is that Diego's eyes have actually gotten better. That means no need for the 'wear your glasses' fight, at least for the time being. More good news, we had a credit on our account so I didn't even have to contribute our co-pay. And there will be some of the credit left for a future visit with Diego.
Maybe in 2 years the doctor will have more advanced technology so he won't have to use drops. Could someone invent something like that for us, please?


1 comment:

Wendy Bender said...

Welcome back to blog world!! :) Love ya!