Thursday, October 23, 2008

That felt great!

After dropping Diego off at school this morning I ran an errand and then went to McDonald's for my Thursday morning treat of a Diet Coke.

While in line at the drive-thru, I noticed a young woman in the vehicle behind me whom I haven't seen for a long time. She was one of my favorite teenagers from back in the good old days. She has fiery red hair and the personality to match. I just love this girl. She and another teenager gave me the nickname "Tree" which they still call me to this day. She's all grown up now with 2 children and a third on the way (soon!).

Well, one of the teams I serve on at Crossroads was given the challenge last week to do intentional acts of kindness. I seized the opportunity when I saw this young woman in line behind me and I bought her breakfast when I arrived at the payment window.

The cashier asked me if I wanted her to say who had paid for the meal and I smiled and said, "Just tell her Tree says, 'Hi.'"

I'm going to be smiling on the inside all day.

1 comment:

Wendy Bender said...

Great story, Faythe! So thankful that God used you to make someone's day!