Thursday, March 6, 2008

What Kind of Customer Are You (Am I)?

Lately I've been the recipient of poor customer service at just about every public place I've visited.

Good (or poor) customer service is a pet peeve of mine. I've had years of customer service experience, either providing it or receiving it. I even had to provide good customer service when I worked in the jail with inmates!

I was going to blog about the poor customer service I'd received at the grocery store and the rude girl behind the counter at a sandwich shop, oh, and there was the person who ignored me at the gas station while I stood in the freezing temperatures to pay him. And then it occurred to me... customer service is 50/50... 50% provider, 50% recipient. Now, I know that's neither an earth-shattering nor an original fact. Interesting though, huh?

So I had to ask myself if I had been the kind of customer I would enjoy serving. Probably not. How about you?

1 comment:

Wendy Bender said...

Oh, for a fact, I know I haven't always been the most pleasant customer. Sometimes we take on the "I deserve to be treated better" mentality... and that's wrong. Jesus came to serve. We are to follow His lead and serve others. It's like I blogged about the other day... when others won't be kind to you... be kind anyway. When others say mean things to you... say nice things to them anyway. Do it anyway. I believe Jesus would! Thanks for this post!