Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

I planned on posting a list of things I'm thankful for today. I ran through several ideas in my head as I was going through my morning routine.
Then I received a call that a friend went to be with the Lord this morning after a long battle with cancer.

Char has touched the lives of and influenced many, many children and families through her ministry of Small Wonders Child Care. She is an amazing Christ follower who now sits at the feet of our Lord completely healed and whole.

While we rejoice for Char because she is no longer struggling with the pain of cancer, we grieve with her family and loved ones. Please lift up in prayer those Char has left behind. She will be greatly missed.

I guess this post is about thankfulness. I am blessed and thankful to have known Char. I am thankful she is celebrating her first Thanksgiving in heaven free from the cares of this world.

No comments: