Thursday, September 25, 2008

Finished Reading

This afternoon while waiting for school to let out, I finished reading "The Shack" by William P. Young. The best piece of fiction I've read in a long while.
Here's an excerpt from one of the last pages of the book: ..."This is not a revolution that will overthrow anything, or if it does, it will do so in ways we could never contrive in advance. Instead it will be the quiet daily powers of dying and serving and loving and laughing, of simple tenderness and unseen kindness, because if anything matters, then everything matters. And one day, when all is revealed, everyone of us will bow our knee and confess in the power of Sarayu (the name used in this book for the Holy Spirit) that Jesus is the Lord of all Creation, to the glory of Papa (the name used in this book for God)."

Pick a copy up and read it. I laughed, cried, and found myself realizing how little my faith really is.

1 comment:

Wendy Bender said...

Faythe - I've been reading this too. I'm only about 1/3 of the way through - but I, too, am finding it to be a tremendous read!!!