Friday, December 19, 2008

50!

Today is a snow day for Diego. Usually on a cold, snow day I can be found curled up with a hot chocolate, Chai tea and a good book. Not today. Today I am getting ready for Joe's 50th birthday party that's happening tonight at our house.

With the monumental accomplishment of reaching 50 years I thought I'd make a 50 Joe's list:

1) Joe loves me
2) Joe loves God
3) Joe loves our kids (all of them)
4) Joe gives from the depths of his being
5) Joe uses his spiritual gifts to serve God
6) Joe works hard
7) Joe is a wonderful husband
8) Joe is a tremendous provider
9) Joe clears the sidewalks & driveway of snow
10) Joe clears the sidewalks & driveway of snow for our elderly, widowed neighbor
11) Joe does the yard work (also for the widowed neighbor)
12) Joe does laundry once in a while
13) Joe uses the vacuum once in a while
14) Joe cares for others
15) Joe likes Diet Coke
16) Joe takes care of himself for me
17) Joe has put up with me for 26 years, 3 months and 8 days
18) Joe knows when I need comforting
19) Joe is very insightful
20) Joe listens to my hair-brained ideas and even agrees with them sometimes!
21) Joe supports me
22) Joe defends me
23) Joe is Diego's best advocate
24) Joe leads our family well
25) Joe is the 'go to' person for countless people
26) Joe is respected
27) Joe is humble
28) Joe shares
29) Joe buys me flowers
30) Joe is funny
31) Joe loves to vacation 'up north'
32) Joe is a good judge of character
33) Joe completes me
34) Joe bought me a Honda Element even though he really wanted it
35) Joe is intelligent
36) Joe is wise
37) Joe loves looking at house plan books - no, we're not building another house
38) Joe doesn't argue
39) Joe does not use harsh words
40) Joe is quiet
41) Joe is a good listener
42) Joe is gentle
43) Joe loves others unconditionally
44) Joe is a great son
45) Joe is a terrific brother-in-law to my family
46) Joe is great at being a grandfather
47) Joe snores
48) Joe's smile lights up a room
49) Joe sometimes laughs until he cries
50) Joe gives me a reason to live every day to the fullest

Happy Birthday, my love!

1 comment:

Wendy Bender said...

Great list, Faythe! We think he's a Great friend too! :) We're honored to be sharing our lives with you both! :) Love ya!