Monday, February 18, 2008

Hot Dogs, French Fries, and Chocolate Mousse

I've been meaning to blog about this for a week now. After Joe re-told the story last night in our small group I decided it had to be shared....

A week ago yesterday our sweet friend, Chloe came home from church with us to spend some time with her buddy, Diego. Joe had a meeting after church so I took the kids to McDonald's for lunch, came home and we had a nice afternoon.

Around 5:00 everybody was hungry so we decided to go to a local restaurant to eat. We ordered our meal and Chloe saw the dessert menu and asked, "What is chocolate mouse?" Joe explained the name is chocolate mousse and Diego says, "How do they make a moose chocolate?" It was over. Control was lost. Our waitress stayed away, people were staring.

We ordered dessert, and here's the good part, Chloe ordered Chocolate Mouse, Diego ordered a hot dog. When the "desserts" arrived Chloe decided she didn't like Chocolate Mouse, instead she ate Diego's french fries, dipping them into the Chocolate Mouse. I looked at Joe and said, "We've ruined this child's healthy eating habit, she's going to have to be completely reprogrammed." (Did I mention we'd fed her a forbidden meal at lunch time?) She then discovered an Oreo cookie on the bottom of the Mousse cup and dug for it.

Now, I am not picking on poor Chloe, I love that little girl like she's my own. Diego brought his hot dog home... in his mouth! He had not chewed it, he was holding it in his cheek! I asked him what he had in his mouth when he was getting ready for his bath (an hour after we'd left the restaurant!). His reply, "My hot dog." I made him spit it out. Can I just say, "YUK!?"

These two bring so much joy into my life; I am blessed by their naivety, sense of humor, purity, and love. If only we could all be like children in those same aspects.

1 comment:

Wendy Bender said...

Those crazy kids! Whose kids are those anyway??? I KNOW my daughter would make wiser choices than that! :) haha!

I am so grateful to have you all in our lives!

Love ya!