Thursday, June 7, 2007

Last Day of First Grade


Today is Diego's last day of First Grade. I have to say I am sad and relieved at the same time. Sad because my little boy is growing up too fast. It seems like only a day or so ago that I was cradling him in my arms and singing "God Still Moves" to him as a lullaby (incidentally, still his favorite).
Relieved that the year was successful, he learned so much, grew an incredible amount physically and emotionally, and is still my little darling (I know he'll not want to be called that one day). I thank God for giving Diego to us. With all of his special needs come an extra measure of love. What an amazing blessing!

1 comment:

Wendy Bender said...

YEAH Diego! Congrats on making it through the first grade! Onward to second grade! I am proud of you and your accomplishments this year! You are a joy in our lives! Love ya!